- What Does an Architect Do?
- Find an Architect
- Check the Register
- Top Tips from Architects
- Useful Questions Before you Start
- Working with an Older Building
- Working with your Town and Neighbourhood
- Ask a Question
- Work with an Architect: Commercial
- Work with an Architect: Your Home
- Why your Architect must be Registered
- Raising a Concern
- Professional Conduct Committee
- Misuse of Title
RIAI Silver Medal for Housing 2017
Entries for the RIAI Silver Medal for Housing 2017 is now open.
The RIAI Silver Medal for Housing is the highest award for housing design given by the RIAI. It is a biennial award made to encourage excellence of design in housing. The medal is awarded several years after completion so that the success of the building can be confirmed by the passage of time.
Traditionally, the joint RIAI and DHPLG National Housing Conference has been the occasion for the presentation of the RIAI Silver Medal for Housing. As the joint RIAI and DHPLG National Housing Conference has been now scheduled for early 2022 and following on from the 2015-2016 entries already submitted for the Housing Medal, it has been decided that another year “2017” should be added. Therefore we are inviting members to submit any housing projects for that year. The 2017 entries will be added to the 2015 and 2016 entries.
The visits for these projects would commence in the late autumn allowing the Jury the time to visit the projects.
Eligible entries will have been practically completed between 1 January and 31 December 2017 by Registered Architects. Entries can include housing schemes and blocks of apartments, both public and private, as well as groups of buildings of a single multi-functional housing/dwelling type.
- Architect’s Statement (please give a brief account of your project)
- 5-10 x landscape images (1020px in width, and no taller than 662px in height) in JPG format (must include exteriors and interiors)
- 5 x key drawings in PDF format
- Please save all files to a zip archive named in the following format: SHM_project_practice_zip
- The final zip file should be no more than 10MB.
Entries can be made online until 24 September 2021. There is no charge for entering a project for the RIAI Silver Medal for Housing.
For further information, please email Claudia O’Dwyer, RIAI Annual Awards and Medals.
RIAI Silver Medal for Housing - Kindly Supported by Cedral (formerly Tegral)